Indonesia&Thailand Trip Part I "In Transit"

It was about a 14 hour flight from DC to Narita, then another 6-7 hours from Narita to Bangkok.  Needless to say, it was pretty rough for someone who can not sit still to safe her life.  I watched a total of 4 movies, finished a book, slept a bunch, and still, the last 4 hours of the 2nd flight was GRUELING.  Thankfully, ANA airline was pretty awesome and made it a little easier.  It was nice to see smiley faces, and neatly combed hair, tidy uniforms, especially when these stewardesses always came by with hot green tea! 

My first ANA meal onboard.  Yumm soba.

Flying over Alaska somewhere, I was in awe.

I was super excited when I found out my connecting to Bangkok was through Japan.  RAMEN RAMEN RAMEN!!!

Yeap, this was a sneak photo...

I ate here twice!! DELICCCIOUSSSSS

Sunrise at BKK.  Catching my early flight to Chiang Mai

On my way home - waiting at Haneda Airport to board my "limo bus" to Narita Airport :)

I was only in Japan for a few hours, but I loved it. 

I must say that my overall transit experience in Indonesia, Thailand, and Japan was great.  People were for the most part really helpful, friendly, and really efficient.  Airline lines, passport lines at all the countries all moved pretty quickly (given how busy some places were).  I must say it was quite noticeable when I was passing through immigration to enter our dear USA that it was significantly slower!  Sad.

Stay tuned for Part II:  Bangkok...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

Followers