A Fundraiser for Japan

When I woke up early Friday morning, I saw a flurry of facebook posts from my friends sending prayers to Japan's earthquake victims.  Opening up the New York Times, I was shocked and saddened as I learned of the devastating 8.9-magnitude earthquake that struck Japan and the powerful and dangerous tsunamis that would follow.  Despite the live footage, extensive articles, and photos, I cannot fathom the magnitude of the aftermath of the earthquake and the impacts it had on the lives of Japanese people.  This morning, approximately 2000 bodies are estimated to have washed up the shores of the coastline, with many more people missing and unaccounted for, and many many people stranded as Japanese officials ordered evacuation to keep people safe from damaged nuclear plants and possible meltdowns.  Cliche as it may be, this is a time to reflect on how lucky we are to be alive and to reflect on how we can help.  If you can, then I hope you will donate to reputable charities such as the Japan Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders to help. 

To do my part, I am offering photography services to raise funds to donate to the Japan Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders.  Please see below. 

*FUNDRAISER for JAPAN*
{Photography Services}

Hello!

To fund raise for victims from the Japan earthquake, I am offering photography services, particularly family, maternity, senior, and pet portraits.  

ALL proceeds made from these portrait sessions will be donated to Doctors Without Borders and the Japanese Red Cross to help with disaster recovery in Japan. 

Me:                             
My name is Po, a resident of Takoma Park.  Just to manage expectations:  I am not a 100% full fledged professional photographer but hope to be one day! You can visit my blog and website at: www.leafygreensphotography.com

When:                        
Saturday, March 26, 2011 between 10am to 6:30pm (break from 12:30-1pm).  30 minute slots are first come first serve. 
Please email leafygreensphotos@gmail.com for time slot reservation.

Duration:                   
½ hour (30 minute) long portrait sessions

Location:                   
Old Town Takoma strip/Grassy area @Takoma Park Seventh-day Adventist Church

Donations:                 
$40 (3 or less people/pet)
                                   
$50 (more than 3 people/pet)

What you get:           
Up to 10 high resolution digital images with professional touch up and no logo.  You will be able to download them in about 4-5 weeks after the session. 

Please feel free to email me if you have any additional inquiries.  Thank you!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

Followers