T-7 Days! (Tout de Sweet photos!)

After sleeping a total of 16.5 hours last night, I am feeling quite refreshed!  So far, it's been pretty productive.  Met up with some wonderful girls over breakfast-ish things and headed to the Farmers' Market.  I got some fresh corn and am so excited to be making my most favorite corn recipe with my own planted basil!  After doing what feels like a ton of laundry and sending off some prints to WHCC for my intro project, I finally finished working on photos from Tout de Sweet (The Pastry Shop) from last week (link).  And without further ado, here they are!

 I am eye-ing that pistachio cupcake...can't wait till Tuesday when I can finally get my hands on one!


Left to Right:  Romain Cornu, Andrea Sepulveda, Pastry Chef/Owner Jerome Colin, and Owner Sofia Colin.

The green ones are my favorite. I think it's lemon basil.

This was the first time I've ever contacted a store and asked to photograph them, their products, and their staff.  I wasn't sure what the experience would be like except I was really nervous about getting good photos that I could give to them as a thank you for letting me get in their way for a good hour.  What I didn't expect was their wonderful involvement in helping me photograph...they'd ask me if I want them to take cakes out of the refrigerator, what colors of macaroons I wanted, where I thought they should stand, etc.  Somehow I didn't expect it and I should have...of course they care that these photos correctly represent what they've created so beautifully! Besides, they are just such nice people!!!  I got really lucky.  What I also didn't expect (because I've never done this) was how much I enjoyed discussing ideas with them and hearing and working on their suggestions.  It was a lot of fun. 

One of my favorite parts of my hour there was after I was about to finish packing up, Chef Jerome asked me if I could take action shots of him and his wife Sofia eating outside.  I saw him go in the back of the store to grab 2 plates of cakes while telling his wife to make 2 espressos.  I loved it because at that moment, I felt that he was enjoying the process as much as I was...and more importantly, I got a glimpse of their relationship - there is familiarity, humor, and wonderful chemistry.  Such a cute couple, it made me happy to have witnessed that.



Tout de Sweet - thank you again and I wish you guys all the best!

Tout de Sweet
7831 Woodmont Ave.
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 951-0474
www.toutdesweetshop.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

Followers