Kamunyak


Kamunyak means "blessed one" in Kenya.  What a pretty word.  And it's perfect for today because I feel particularly blessed!  (Note: I am not sure which language it is in though because there are hundreds of languages in Kenya). 

Read this quote on Cup of Jo...I've always liked him but who knew Bob Marley could be so insightful.
"He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you." 
I know I have been slacking as a blogger...most of it I can attribute to annoying computer difficulties. You know how that goes, right?!  Hopefully I'll have a better computer solution soon enough so it doesn't continue to stifle my blogging! 

I recently read "Shelter Me" by Juliette Fay and really enjoyed it.  My favorite character was Tug Malinowski.  I loved that he was genuine, tough, caring, and unwavering re: his own feelings.  Above all, he had principles and communicated very clearly what he wanted.  My favorite quote in the book...it was when one of the characters, a priest, was talking about the birth of Jesus at church:
"What I find myself marveling at is that men came from so far away to find a tiny baby.  No one else seemed to anticipate this momentous event, except for a mere three people, foreigners from the East.  This story would have been shocking to the Jews who were hearing it.  The first people to believe in the miracle of Jesus were not Jews!  They were not even neighboring Gentiles.  They didn't have the same skin color or customs or worldview.  They were the most unlikely sources of grace imaginable.  Yet grace Him they did, with their gifts and, more important, with their faith in him."
"Why is that?  What does it mean? And who are their present day equivalents?  Who are the unexpected people who show up from time to time in our lives, bearing rare and valuable gifts?  Who goes far out of their way to reach us?  Who are those unlikely souls who seem to understand what a miracle each of us is?"
Love the quote...makes you think, doesn't it? 

Last night, ICM and I went to my favorite Japanese restaurant in DC and that's where I snapped these two photos.  Now that it's cooler out, we were able to sit outside while enjoying our favorite UME SHISO rolls!  So delicious!!!  As we were eating, there was this beautiful glowing light that flowed through the garden...so pretty...I know the photos do not do it justice!

All right, time to do some homework and read my Lucky Peach magazine!!!

Happy Labor Day weekend, everyone.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

Followers