It's never easy...

As I am getting older, I don't think that I am getting any better at saying good byes to the people I cherish. You'd think that we'd get better at it with time because we have to do it so often - goodbyes to our high school, college, and then graduate school friends, etc. I thought I'd have to do less of that after I entered the workforce but I thought wrong. It's actually job after job, position after position, and people leaving one after another, especially since none of these positions are really meant to be stayed at forever at our age. But these goodbyes...what happened to the whole "practice makes perfect" thing? I guess it applies to a lot of things but not this.

Just because we are able to adapt to this kind of change doesn't mean it's what we want...but thank goodness we have the ability to do so! No? Especially when things are outside of our control much of the time.  The greatest thing that makes this all better is the fact that true friendships can be sustained, despite distance.  With internet, especially chatting capabilities, emails, and facebook, it is so much easier to keep in touch with the friends you love so much.  And for some very rare and special friendships, even when daily lives get in the way of being able to keep in touch, it still always feels like old times whenever you all get together.  I love that feeling.

Here's to all the friends that we have had to separate from and to all the people who actually make an effort to sustain these wonderful friendships! Cheers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

Followers